the first public version of MapTogether's Illustrated Guide to Nonprofit GIS and Online Mapping. The Guide includes:
* a brief introduction to mapping and GIS (geographic information systems) technology and concepts
* examples of successful nonprofit projects using GIS and/or mapping technologies
* helpful strategies for planning your own mapping/GIS project
* a review of public data sources with freely available data
* a brief review of free and low-cost tools for nonprofit mapping and GIS projects
The Guide is released under a Creative Commons 3.0 NC/BY/ND license.
Download MapTogether-NPGIS-v.0.99.pdf (2.4 MB, PDF file)